Course Admission and Course Management Process Streamlined for Success:
This case study takes a look at how the admission process, batch scheduling, and feedback mechanism were streamlined to deliver incredible outcomes to a training academy for engineering professionals.
- Offers courses and conducts training classes for engineering professionals
- Used to provide only regular classroom-based training
- The academic approach was traditional — phone-based registration, manual batch scheduling, and examination-based certification at the end of the course
The client faced a lot of problems due to traditional approach in registration, batch scheduling, and faculty-student communication. The three main issues were:
- Problems in getting the registration process completed successfully and its subsequent steps (receiving phone calls during peak admission season, follow up for each applicant, updates, etc.) done on paper
- There was no way to automate a particular batch schedule (dependent on the appropriate number of students) and align it to an available faculty member. This step took weeks to accomplish and led to a productivity loss
- Feedback from students or their parents to the faculty members was paper-based and didn’t have the benefit of anonymity. This led to a drop in the occurrences of feedback coming in, thereby resulting in a poor performance of the feedback-based incentive system.
The solution construct:
We were approached to develop a technology-based solution to handle these specific issues for the academic institutions. We were given the mandate to move from paper-based registration and batch scheduling to a more efficient technology-based solution.
For this, we brainstormed with the client about various modules that need to be present to take care of the admissions process. We also gained insights on what went behind the alignment of a course’s batch with an available instructor and what factors determined this decision (e.g., geographical proximity of the instructor to where the batch was being conducted).
We were additionally tasked to improve the overall feedback mechanism so that the instructor does not know which student has provided feedback about him/her. The feedback needs to go to the corporate office so that appropriate measure can be taken to address it.
The solution’s key features:
- The entire institution’s registration process transitioned from a paper-based model to a more efficient, time-saving, and cost-effective technology solution.
- The solution allowed the creation of batches based on admission numbers.
It helped aligning the best-fit instructor to a particular course. This module followed a layered approach.
- In the first layer, the skills and competencies were matched to the teaching objective.
- Then, it factored in the geographical proximity of an instructor to the course location
- Feedback mechanism transitioned from paper-based to electronic transmission system.
- Because of the online registration process, application overload, inaccurate data entry, and slip up in following through became a thing of the past. Administration of scheduling, registration goes down substantially as registration is now online, thus reducing cost overheads.
- With automated batch scheduling, the time taken on aligning the best-fit instructor to a new batch was reduced from several weeks to a matter of days. This way, more classes could be scheduled with precision and the student intake volume too grew significantly.
- Online feedback system removed the dependency on instructor to carry the feedback from student to the decision makers. This enabled quality feedback which could be better aligned to the incentive system
- Honest, transparent, and open feedback reaches corporate office directly. The new feedback channel removes the process of paperwork submission and collating to electronic records.
- The communication platform will narrow down the list of students aligned to a particular course, batch, location, instructors, date, or tenure of the batch. This will help send apt communication in no time without excessive filtering that can lead to slip-ups or mistakes.
- The solution was designed to be scalable to include more courses, instructors, and a better level of visibility of business opportunities. It delivered robust performance even in situations of high resources usage (such as the peak admission time where the number of enquiries shoots up dramatically).
Contact us at iNoryaSoft to know more on how you can leverage our digital marketing competencies to add substantial long-term value to your business.